An Invitation to Be Part of the Toronto Veggie Pride Parade on Saturday, June 1, 2013
On Saturday, June 1, 2013 hundreds of people will descend on Yonge Street for the fourth annual Toronto Veggie Pride Parade! This is a wildly successful, joyful, family-friendly event that will feature musicians, dancers, jugglers, party-goers and fun-seekers of all kinds. We will be ending at Trinity Square, adjacent the Eaton Centre, where we will host guest speakers, provide an opportunity for parade participants to mingle, sample delicious veg food and be entertained.
Your organization’s participation is very important to us and so we are inviting you to take part for the low price of $25*. This affordable price has been set for non-profit and community organizations to be visible on this important occasion. You are welcome to bring a banner and march proudly with us!
- Toronto Veggie Pride Parade will be held on Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 11:30 am – 3:30 pm – all are welcome to celebrate with us!
- TV Host, Kimberly Carroll will be the MC for the day
- Broad media coverage is expected
- The parade will last 4 hours from start to finish
- Starting on Asquith Avenue (Yonge/Bloor – next to the Toronto Reference Library), we will travel
south along Yonge Street to Queen Street, west along Queen to James Street, north on
James to Trinity Square which is adjacent to the Eaton Centre (15 city blocks)
- Parade will be covering an extensive area of the heart of downtown Toronto, passing
one of North America’s busiest intersections (it is estimated that over 56 million people
pass Yonge/Dundas each year), and ending at Toronto’s top tourist attraction the Eaton
- The Toronto Veggie Pride Parade is one of many similar events being held in cities across Europe and the United States
To learn more about the Toronto Veggie Pride Parade, our values and organizers please visit us on Facebook or check out our website www.veggieprideparade.ca.
We hope to see you there!
* The Toronto Veggie Pride Parade will waive this fee under special circumstances, for example demonstration that this will cause financial difficulty.