Photo courtesy of Kimberly Carroll
Where being “veg” gets rock star treatment
Official TVPP YouTube Channel – click here to watch videos posted by participants.
Media Release - click here to download.
Join us for Veggie Pride on Saturday, June 5, 2010.
11:30 am – Gather on Asquith Avenue (located one block north of Yonge/Bloor – next to the Central Library)
12:00 pm – Start travelling south along Yonge Street
1:00 pm – End Dundas Square
Take one day to celebrate Veggie Pride with the vegan and vegetarian communities in Toronto. We are hosting a family-fun community event open to all. Now more than ever is the time to explore why a veggie diet is the right choice: love of animals, healthy lifestyle, global warming. Whatever your stripes join us One Voice – Veggie Pride!
Take part in this joyful, diverse, and fun parade as a celebration of the veggie lifestyle and as a meaningful and inclusive veg advocacy opportunity.
TVPP welcomes PARTICIPANTS of all ages and walks of life to Canada’s first ever Toronto Veggie Pride Parade. This includes: Individuals, Families, Leashed Dogs, vegetarians, vegans, veg-friendly people etc.
- Wear pro-veggie or pro-farm animal themed costumes
- Use Facepaint
- Wear pro-veggie logo’d t-shirts
- Bring or make pro-veggie related signs/posters (i.e. posters saying: Veggie Mom, Veggie Student, Veggie Doctor, Veggie Artist, Veggie Baby, Veggie Dog, etc.),
- Dance down the street,
- Drum (Yembe) down the street,
- Bring Pom Poms,
- Hula Hoop down the street,
- Skip Rope down the street,
- Juggle (apples & oranges) down the street,
- Blow Bubbles (Bubble makers) down the street,
- Skateboard down the street,
- Rollerblade/skate down the street,
- Bring a manual Scooter to ride on down the street,
- Bike ride in the parade, etc
BE CREATIVE and HAVE FUN!!!